Re: Does Oracle 8.0.5 need Internet Connector ?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:42:20 -0800

D-Square (what an interesting name!)

OPS is normally used with a fast memory interconnect between the two nodes of the cluster. That's maybe what they're talking about, though I've never seen a module called that. Maybe it's at the hardware level they're talking about, too. Who knows?

In any case, the more important comment I would make at this stage is have you determined the suitability of the application for OPS use? Prior to the introduction of Cache Fusion with 8.1 (which helps with the read-write scenario, but not yet the write-write), applications not designed for OPS could cause performance problems due to excess pinging.

As for OS, I'll leave that to others (as an Oracle employee I'm supposed to be OS-neutral!). Suffice to say they all work.

HTH. Pete