Re: Listener

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:36:08 -0800

One more reason I've seen for implementing multiple listeners is ease of management. By that I mean sites that have multiple databases on one machine can set up a listener for each one. Then when the database needs to be started and stopped multiple times during maintenance, simply stop the listener and you don't need to worry about restricting access at the database level when its started. You can thus connect as the owner of the application if necessary (to pass on grants etc.) without giving the owner DBA rights that you may forget to remove.

HTH. Pete