rollback size question

From: <lyonard_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:14:22 GMT

I have a Oracle 7.0 Database on VMS5.5, lately having some Oracle performance issue. the server is a VAV 4500 running VMS 5.5 & Oracle 7.0 We have 4 rbs, each 1 meg, is that sufficient.

below is some info about the database
we have a payroll application (usually 2 users with 3 or 4 others doing inquiries); we have a payroll batch cycle that runs Monday/Tuesday each week (extracts info from Oracle, processes sequential files, & merges the info back into Oracle; then a G/L interface that is written in PL/SQL); we have some users (average 25 users) - this usage is dropping as we move
away from VMS.
we have a number of small apps written in MS-Office that access VMS Oracle;
low volume apps - one or two transactions per day. we have Payroll interface - this is written in MS-Access, lets the user input daily batches of labour & has a couple of reports that run for 15 to 20 minutes.

Thanks
Leonard

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 11:14:22 CST