Re: Listener

From: Troy Tinnes <q10641_at_cig.nml.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:11:57 +0900

If you are having problems with the number of sessions being allowed to connect to the listener then its probably a UNIX kernel issue (I assume you are using UNIX). The port connection limitation is O/S related ... SQL*NET could care less.

The reason you would want to create another listener is to speed up connect time for client/server aps that constantly build-up/tear-down connections (Oracle Web Server is a good example). Separating different types of clients to be served by different listeners can help optimize your resources. You can further speed it up by creating dedicated listener processes to avoid the 'build-up/tear-down' process .... but thats another topic ....