Pro*C compile problems

From: Todd Hansen <gaheris_at_kowabunga.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 14:02:12 -0800

Hi All:

I'm having trouble compiling my Pro*C applications after a recent upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0.5. The error message states that I need to set sqlcheck=semantics, as I am calling pl/sql stored procedures in the code.

my existing proc.mk (worked fine under 7.2, and straight out of the proverbial can) looks like this:

<snip>
PROCOBJS=$(ORACLE_HOME)/proc/lib/main.o \
$(ORACLE_HOME)/proc/lib/pcdsfv.o \
$(ORACLE_HOME)/proc/lib/pcdlut.o

PROCPLSFLAGS= sqlcheck=full userid=$(USERID) dbms=v6_char USERID= scott/tiger
EXE= sample1
OBJS= sample1.o

SAMPLES=sample1 sample2 sample3 sample4 sample5 sample6 sample7 sample8 sample9 sample10 oraca sqlvcp cv_demo

all: build

# Rule to compile any program (specify EXE= and OBJS= on command line) build: $(OBJS)
 @if [ "$(ORA_CLIENT_LIB)" = "shared" ]; then \
$(ECHO) $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(EXE) $(OBJS) -L$(LIBHOME) -lclntsh
$(TTLIBS); \
 else \
$(ECHO) $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(EXE) $(OBJS) $(PROLDLIBS) $(OTHERLIBS); \

 fi

<snip>

As is, this ran perfectly fine under Oracle 7.2. Now I can change the entry for sqlcheck=full to =semantics, however, I don't know how to get the build macro to recognize that. I've played around with including $(PROC) $(PROCPLSFLAGS) in various combinations, but so far I still can't get this thing to work.

What do I need to do to the proc.mk file to get this setup correctly so I cn compile the proc source?

In case this makes a difference, it's Oracle 8.0.5 running on an HP-UX 10.20 platform

Thanks in advance for the help.

Todd Hansen
gaheris_at_kowabunga.org Received on Sat Jan 22 2000 - 16:02:12 CST