Re: Advice on OCP Exams

From: <wutang_warrior_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:03:17 GMT

Hello.

I am also studying for my OCP exams. (Feels like Varsity!)

I intend on taking the PL/SQL exam in the first week of Feb. and the rest as I'm ready.

But in the meantime, I've got a box that I've installed / re-installed Oracle & OAS on about 20 times and played around.

I ask my Oracle DBA/Developer consultant buddies what things typically go wrong and then practice on my play-machine, I also wrote a simple phonebook pl/sql (htp.p) package (1 hr.) that I use to create redo files and then practice backup & recovery e.g recovery to point in time, SCN, etc...

Also do stuff like practice resizing redo logfiles and adding/deleting logfile members & resizing tablespaces, datafiles, etc.. and reading about something cool in the docs that I'll give a try (Usually packages).

Sounds pretty arb, but It's good fun and I'm learning, perhaps I'll be let loose on production system someday.

If you wanna become a good DBA, I guess U practice in your free time also subscribe to this newsgroup on deja.com and read about prob's ppl. have and how they solved them.

In article <387ff58b.60574883_at_allnews.nbnet.nb.ca>,   timmy_at_nbnet.nb.ca (TBone) wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. I have just
> passed the PL/SQL exam for the Oracle8 track and i would like to know
> how hard the other exams are in relation to this one. With no prior
> programming experience, I found it to be quite challenging. Which
> exams did you guys find the hardest and easiest. Thanks for any
> advice you can give "the new guy"
>
> I really apreciate it!
>
> Bye

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jan 22 2000 - 11:03:17 CST