Coalescing? Anyone?

From: <sandeep.singh_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:31:09 GMT

Hello all,

I am trying to coalesce a tablespace that has a fragmentation index of 21 (according to DB Artisan). The following command:

ALTER TABLESPACE ${TBLSPACE_NAME} COALESCE; returns without errors but the fragmentation index remains unchanged. There are no objects in this tablespace -the space is 100% available so, why does it not coalesce?

There are 6 raw devices (Veritas) in this particular tablespace and even proceeded to drop these raw devices and recreated them - but lo and behold -when I created the table space again, the fragmentation index was back to 21!

How does one get a contiguous space out of this tablespace? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond...

Sandeep

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jan 22 2000 - 09:31:09 CST