Re: 2 Questions

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:05:18 +0100

1 I'm not sure whether that still applies to v8, but in v7 the import sequence is: tablespaces, rollback segments. As you can't create tablespaces without having a second online rollback segment in the system tablespace, all create tablespace statements will fail, and thus all insertions will fail as you can't use the rollback segment system in the tablespace system for normal dml. You need to precreate a second rollback segment in the tablespace system manually before you start the import.
2 Get used space from dba_segments or dba_extents, free space from dba_free_space.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
Violin <violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw> wrote in message news:38890a33.720415_at_172.16.7.5...
> Hello dear all,
>
> I have 2 questions and need help....
>
> 1.Do you ever try to do full import? I try but .... errors.
> First I do a full export with system,then I drop my database,
> and recreate one,only execute catalog.sql and catproc.sql.
> (after executing,there is one datafile,and one system rollback segment
> on system tablespace.)
>
> But when I try to imp80 system/manager file=c:\temp\full.dmp full=y.
> The tablespaces and rollback segment are imported fine,
> BUT the rollback segments were not online,so ROWS were not be
imported.
> (Only schemas imported.)
> Errors are:
> . importing SCOTT's objects into SCOTT
> . . importing table "EMP"
> IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1552 encountered
> ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system
tablespace
> 'USER_DATA'
>
> I try to imprt by show=y,check for the create rollback segment :
> "CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT SYSROL STORAGE (INITIAL 102400 NEXT 102400
MINEXTEN"
> "TS 2 MAXEXTENTS 121) TABLESPACE "SYSTEM""
> "CREATE PUBLIC ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS01 STORAGE (INITIAL 1048576 NEXT
1054720 "
> "MINEXTENTS 5 MAXEXTENTS 121) TABLESPACE "ROLLBACK_DATA""
> "CREATE PUBLIC ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS02 STORAGE (INITIAL 1048576 NEXT
1054720 "
> "MINEXTENTS 5 MAXEXTENTS 121) TABLESPACE "ROLLBACK_DATA""
>
> These rollback segments were not turned to online,so the following
import
> data were not successful.
> What's wrong with my full.dmp or the rollback segments?
>
> 2.When I use storage manager for monitor tablespaces,it calculates used
MBytes