Oracle8i problems on Linux kernel 2.2.12-20smp

From: d3v <kevin_at_thunderstick.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 05:43:08 GMT

when I try to run runInstaller it barfs saying this :

./runInstaller

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...
Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
: Bad address

/bin/echo $?
255

I think it might have something to do with it being a multi processors machine shrug. The weird thing is the jre runs on the machine giving me the usage so I doubt the problem exists in the jvm. The other thing is the machine I'm installing it on doesn't run X instead I'm exporting the DISPLAY to my machine I know it works because I installed xosview and exported to a machine that does run X I've also installed Oracle this way on other machines this however would be my first smp machine. I also tried to run it in non-interactive mode with the same result.

     Any clues or ideas would be great !

--Kevin Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 23:43:08 CST