Sizing of Rollback Segment

From: Ken <kenchowhk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:57:03 +0800

Hi there,

I want to learn from you how to do the sizing estimation for rollback segment. e.g. what should be the size for the rollback segment tablespace ? what's the dependency for calculating the sizing ? How to determine how many rollback segment should be created for a new database ? what information should be collected first from user ?

currently, I will put a database with totally 100GB to production where with 200 concurrent OLTP users and 10 daemons running on top of the database, 20 nightly batch job. Based on this scenario, what's the proper estimation for the rollback segment ? I have skim thru several books but without any hints on that.

thanks
Ken Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 21:57:03 CST