Re: What system privs do I need to do my DBA thing on an SGI Irix box?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:33:02 +0100

As long as you have a normal oracle install (user oracle group dba, and oracle is by default in the group dba, general protection for Oracle files is 4755 and a few executables have the setuid bit on), you won't need any special privileges.
You may need to have access to any /usr/sbin or /sbin directories though, if setting up file systems and startup/shutdown procedures is left to you.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA