Slow Spatial Inserts

From: <vmisetich_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:28:30 GMT

Hello!

I'm trying to insert rows into a spatial table, and it's taking an extremely long time -- several minutes per row. Here is the structure of the table:

Destination Table: ServiceArea (31268 rows)

 SERVICEAREAID                            NUMBER(10)
 SERVICEPROVIDERID                        NUMBER(10)
 SERVICETYPEID                            NUMBER(10)
 DESCRIPTION                              VARCHAR2(254)
 PRINX                                    NUMBER
 GEOLOC                                   SDO_GEOMETRY
 CREATEDATETIME                           DATE
 POLYGONSOURCEID                          NUMBER(10)

A typical insert statement would look something like this: INSERT INTO "ODW_OWNER"."SERVICEAREA"
("SERVICEAREAID", "SERVICEPROVIDERID", "SERVICETYPEID", "DESCRIPTION", " PRINX", "CREATEDATETIME", "POLYGONSOURCEID", "GEOLOC") VALUES (83000, 15519, 102, 'Continental US polygon for Sprint long distance.', 0, sysdate, 0, <sdo_geometry object goes here.>)

I can get my inserts to work, but, as I mentioned above, they take forever. Has anyone experienced a similar slowness in inserting into spatial tables? If so, what can I do to help speed things up? Any suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 15:28:30 CST