Trying to access 7.3.4 server under UNIX from 8.0 client under NT

From: m meggs <martin_at_mmeggs.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:19:36 -0000

I have just installed Oracle 8.0.5 on an NT machine which is both server and client I have an existing server running 7.3.4 under UNIX can I use Net8 on the NT to access the 7.3.4 data?

 If yes any clues on how to do this. I presume I need to amend the TNSNAMES.ORA file somewhere.

As you may gather Iam a relatively novice Oracle DBA.

Both machines sit on a TCP/IP network

--
Martin Meggs
martin_at_mmeggs.freeserve.co.uk