Re: easy dbms_job.submit question

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:25:31 GMT

I think you can only schedule PL/SQL procedures to run thru dbms_job, also you might want to give it specific time, otherwise I would just run the script.

Also if you would like to schedule your script to run at certain times, I believe NT has an AT command (not sure how to use it), but the command would look something like:
sqlplus -s user/passworld
@F:\ORANT\BACKUP\LXOF\BACKUPSCRIPT\LXOFBACKUP.SQL and your script should have 'exit;' as the last line.

As for the newsreader, try free agent at www.forteinc.com

good luck.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:07:27 GMT, elee3_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>I typed this script in SQL/PLUS, but got INCOMPATIBLE DATA TYPE ERROR
>on the first line. Why?
>
>DECLARE ijob INTEGER;
>BEGIN
>DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(ijob, 'F:
>\ORANT\BACKUP\LXOF\BACKUPSCRIPT\LXOFBACKUP.SQL', sysdate,1, true);
>END;
>
>When I start a thread on the discusion group, got a reply in my email,
>but I don't know how to find it in deja.com. Am newbie in discussion
>groups. Thanks.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

In case I forgot to mention:
We use Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.6, 2.7 boxes
Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 750-3630
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email