Help with ProC++ please

From: Paul Thompson <_at_logica.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:51:44 -0000

We are running a ProC++ report processor. This worked fine under 8.0.5.2.0, but when it is re-compiled and linked under 8.1.5.1 we get some spurious errors culminating in a no data found.

We believe the no data found is after the real problem and is caused by the exception handler failing to deal with the exception.

The last sql statement to execute inserts a row into a table. Using dbx we see that sqlca.sqlwarn[0]=W after executing this staement.

We have done a WHENEVER SQLWARNING do sqlerror, so the above line causes sqlerror to be run. It is in here that a no data found occurs.

The curious thing is that sqlca.sqlwarn[1 to 7] are null. Is this right? The manauls say that the W in the first element indicate that another element is set, which in turn details the type of warning. sqlca.sqlcode is 0 at the time the warning is found, but the exception handler has problems because there are no error or warning details to process and eventually a no data found message is produced.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks
Paul Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 09:51:44 CST