Very Strange Migrating Rows experience (Chained Rows)

From: Kevin A Lewis <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:45:08 GMT

I have been trying to remove migrating rows from some tables in a production database and the problem appears to be getting worse rather than better.

I have 140 rows with an AVG_ROW_LEN of 226 in a database of 2k block size the table has a PCTFREE of 10 and PCTUSED of 40 (the defaults). All 140 are recorded by ANALYZE as CHAINED ROWS. I copy them, delete the original rows and write them back; yet on reANALYZE they are recorded as still CHAINED ROWS. Surely they cannot be real chained rows, they are too short. And yet surely they cannot be migrated rows as they have just been inserted and suffered no updates at all.

Confused of Ipswich England

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD) - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich United Kingdom)

                        <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 09:45:08 CST