Re: diff. between Primary-Key and unique index

From: Parvinder Singh <parora_at_questone.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:07:14 GMT

the only difference between a column being declared as a primary key or as a unique key is that if the column is a primary key one cant insert null values in that column (in any record) where as if a column is declared as a unique key it will allow null value in that column (but only once) since the column is unique and therefore null values can occur but only once

Regards
~Parvinder