Re: Oralce upgrade to 8.0.5

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:30:48 GMT

I would suggest holding off on the 'ASAP' part. Take your time. Do some research. Set up an Oracle 8 instance, import your Oracle 7 data into and test your applications. Once you have played around with it and are comfortable, then do your upgrade. Practice upgrading by exp/imp and by the migration utility. And backup, backup, backup. Backup your dB before your migration and right after. You are already using Oracle 7.3.4 which is still supported by Oracle. So unless you have some business considerations, take your time performing your upgrade.

HTH,
Brian