Installing Oracle 8.0.5 on RH 6.0

From: Shore, Michael [PPDR:7S08:EXCH] <birdcoop_at_americasm01.nt.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:31:09 -0500

I got oracle to install, but had an error during database creation (it couldn't find one of the scripts for svgrml, or something like that). I tried to continue with installation, running the scripts. However, I couldn't run the catrep.sql script, because sqlplus (which came with oracle) kept core dumping.

Any ideas? Also, I found some patches on oracles FTP site, but it wasn't very clear which ones I needed, or what order they should be installed.

Thanks Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 08:31:09 CST