Re: Novell 5.0 and ORACLE

From: Thomas Heimann <NoSpamthomas.heimann_at_fernuni-hagen.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:28:52 +0100

Darek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just bought Novell 5.0 with ORACLE + 5 CAL included.
> Installed ORACLE on server (no error) and CLIENT on WIN95.
> During client installation, istalator said that there was never launched
> NWADMIN on win95 machine (continue or stop install?).
> I switched to system (without stoping installation ORACLE) and launched
> NWADMIN.

Hi!

  1. You have to install the SQLNET-Client (Oracle CD) on the workstation before you can use the Oracle NWadmin-snapin.

> I got then error like (I dont exactly remebmer that ora80...dll is
> corrupted). Even thought NWADMIN started.

2. Look at 1.

> Now I cannot browse predefined ORACLE databases. I dont know predefined user
> and password. How can I start working with ORACLE?

3. During installation you have to define a password. The user is "internal".

--
Fuer Antworten bitte das NoSpam aus der Reply-Adresse entfernen! Please remove 'NoSpam' in the reply address!

Thomas Heimann
Fernuniversitaet Hagen
Fachbereich Elektrotechnik
Lehrgebiet Prozess-Steuerung und Regelungstechnik Labor Mobile Systeme

Feithstr. 140

D-58097 Hagen

Tel.: +49 2331 987 1116 / 1117
Fax : +49 2331 987 354 Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 06:28:52 CST