oddity dropping tablespace!?

From: K.Spiller <kspiller_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:20:00 +0100

Hi!

I'm a bit confused about the behaviour of my DB. Using 7.3.4 on WinNT.

I dropped a tablespace, and it really has gone viewing dba_tablespaces, but it still lingers around when viewing dba_ts_quotas or when viewing the underlying sys.ts$ (and sys.tsq$).

I created another tablespace using the same name of the dropped one, and sys.ts$ didn't change at all. Still one row for the dropped and recreated tablespace. And the quotas once installed still existed for the newly created tablespace.

I even stopped and restarted the database, but got the same results.

Should this be seen as a feature???
I expected droppping a tablespace would destroy all information related to it. And reusing a name shouldn't have such side effects.

Seems confusing to me. Any good explanations?

regards,
Kathrin Spiller
kspiller_at_gmx.de Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 05:20:00 CST