OAS 4.07 and LiveHTML cartridge?

From: Henry Katz <hkatz_at_iscs-i.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:52:20 -0500

Hi,

Is anyone using this combo? What I am trying to implement is described below:

Currently I have lots of HTML with both Client and Server-side javascript which works fine.

Because this will not scale I've set up Oracle 8.15 with lots of new PL/SQL in stored procs within
packages which have been front-ended using OAS 4.07 application cartridges.

I would like to gut out the SSJS and connect my HTML to my PL/SQL.

It seems that the LiveHTML will do quite well for its perl and ICX use of OAS URL's to invoke my stored
procs. From the documentation it is not made clear whether the only manner in which to invoke a
function within a package is with the DBI/DBD perl modules? Or should I use the DBI/DBD modules
if I wish to pass in parameters to my stored procs as well?

Thanks,
Henry

ISCS, Inc
hkatz_at_iscs-i.com Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 23:52:20 CST