CONNECT BY loop error & useful script

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:59:51 -0500

I am getting a
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01436: CONNECT BY loop in user data

It only happens in one of the five instances I am trying this sript on. This script actually came from Oracle from their ftp site or something, and is supposed to compile all invalid objects in order of their dependency. It's a nice little script. I'm just curious if anyone can shed any light on why it bails on me in one particular instance, specifically, because there is no CONNECT BY reference in the script. I imagine it's buried somewhere in the order_object_by_dependency or something.
Running oracle 8.1.5, fully loaded, on AIX 4.3.2

Script is -
set heading off
set pagesize 0
set linesize 79
set verify off
set echo off

spool compile_all.tmp
SELECT
  decode(OBJECT_TYPE, 'PACKAGE BODY',
'alter package ' || OWNER||'.'||OBJECT_NAME || ' compile body;',
'alter ' || OBJECT_TYPE || ' ' || OWNER||'.'||OBJECT_NAME || '
compile;' )
FROM
  dba_objects A,
  sys.order_object_by_dependency B
WHERE
  A.OBJECT_ID = B.OBJECT_ID(+) and

  STATUS = 'INVALID' and
  OBJECT_TYPE in ( 'PACKAGE BODY', 'PACKAGE', 'FUNCTION', 'PROCEDURE',
                   'TRIGGER', 'VIEW' )

ORDER BY
  DLEVEL DESC,
  OBJECT_TYPE,
  OBJECT_NAME;
spool off Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 14:59:51 CST