Re: Can IDS controle who allows to import or export?

From: Dan Michaelis <dan_michaelis_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:21:30 GMT

Huy,

I'd think that you could do this by restricting permissions on the databases. That said, remember that all an export really is is a select of every row in the table, along with the rows in the system catalog that describe the table. If you allow your users to select data from the table, I would think that you're allowing them to export that table.  Likewise, if you're allowing them to insert into the table, you're permitting an import. I'm hard pressed to think of the business reason that you'd have for allowing a select, but not allowing an export; likewise for the import. If creating large files is the issue, then I'd restrict that permission at the O.S. level.

HTH. --
Dan Michaelis
Database Administrator
dan_at_kax.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 12:21:30 CST