Re: Can IDS controle who allows to import or export?

From: Rudy Fernandes <rferdy_at_americasm01.nt.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:16:54 -0500

Export : Only "informix" or the creator of the database or a user who has the DBA privilege may perform exports.
Import : Problematic. Informix does not provide clear-cut control over this. Any user who can connect to an Instance is allowed to create/import a database (something to do with "Open Systems", I guess). However, there are simple ways to ensure that you, as the DBA, are informed whenever an "unauthorized" database is created. For example, you could have a simple shell script which runs once a day to examine sysmaster:sysdatabases. It could be programmed to mail you if it finds "new" databases. Then, if you have a big enough stick...

Rudy