Performance Monitor does not work after installing Oracle 8.0.5.2.1

From: Mark Evenson <mevenson_at_co.doc.state.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:31:13 -0600

A vendor installed Oracle 8.0.5.2.1 on an NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5. After this was done, I can't run Performance Monitor anymore (the Microsoft utility in the Administrative Tools program group). An error is logged in the server's Application Log when I try to use Performance Monitor; I have pasted it below. The oraperf.dll file exists, in the c:\winnt\system32 directory on the server (its date modified is 9/6/99; 8192 bytes; file version 8.0.5.0.0). I reported to this vendor 10 days ago but don't have any resolution as yet. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Event ID: 2002
Source: Perflib
Description: The open procedure for service "Oracle80" in DLL "oraperf.dll" has taken longer than the established wait time to complete. The wait time in milliseconds is shown in the data. Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 09:31:13 CST