problem installing 8i with Designer 6.0

From: ajeru <ajeru_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:33:37 GMT

I'm trying to install the preconfigured repository for Oracle Designer 6.0 on a machine running Oracle8i. The Designer installation doesn't recognise the installed 8i instance and quits the installation process telling me to first install an Oracle Server.

What's the problem here? I suppose it should be possible to use Designer 6.0 together with Oracle 8i?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Alexander Jerusalem
alexander.jerusalem_at_Xchello.at

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 06:33:37 CST