Re: Snapshot last refresh date 1950 - 7.3.4 & 8.0.3 dbs

From: Bob Bain <bob.bain_at_terra-nova.e-mail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:30:27 -0000

Whoa, we've been using snapshots udner 7.3.3 and 7.3.4 for sometime and have not come across that problem, loads of them have a sysdate + 1 as the next refresh date.

How did you create your snapshot (a bit of sample code might be helpful) as this is the only thing that I can think of that is going wrong.

On our setup if a snapshot fails (i.e. the job cannot be run for 16 iterations) then ORACLE sets the next date to 01-JAN-4000 and the job is marked as broken! Check FAILURES and BROKEN columns in user_jobs for the jobs that run your snapshots, it might be that ORACLE is marking them as broken and setting the next date to 01-JAN-1950 for some reason.

Bob