ora-01031: svrmgrl connecting as INTERNAL

From: Dominic Cribbin <dominic.cribbin_at_cognotecSTOPSPAM.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:48:38 -0000

Hi,

I am trying to execute a script to take a cold backup of my Sun Sparc Solaris box, I want to shutdown and restart my databases during this script. My problem is when I launch the SVRMGRL app. in the script (as the root user) and try to connect as Internal, I get this error : "ORA-01031 insufficient privileges".

Can any one point me in the right direction to look for a probable cause .. I have the environment variables set (i.e. $Oracle_Home, $Path etc.), are there privileges that must granted to Root !!!.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dominic Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 10:48:38 CST