Re: Oracle on Linux - your opinions

From: jmsalvo <jmsalvo_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:23:12 GMT

There are lots of installation issues with 8i on Linux, probably because of the java installer they are now using.

If you run into problems installing 8i, you can check out my homepage. However, it is targeted towards RedHat 6.0, simply because it is the distirbution I am using:

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~jmsalvo/linux/oracle8i.html

You may also want to visit the OTN forum on Linux.

John Salvo

In article <865d7c$r20$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   kal121_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anybody out there running Oracle 8.x on Linux and what has your
> experience been with it? Is it stable?
>
> I have been running into a lot of problems using DB2 on Linux and want
> to determine how much is related to DB2 itself or Linux.
>
> Your comments are appreciated!
>
> Also, does anybody know how much an unlimited production license is
for
> Oracle 8.x? This is one of the main reasons we are using DB2,
supposedly
> it is a lot cheaper.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 19:23:12 CST