Starting Oracle Server without Intervention

From: Cole Moody <moody_at_cdc.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:58:50 -0500

I am using Oracle 8 Server running on a Netware for Small Business 5 Server. After you issue the orastart command to open the database, it prompts you for the internal password. What I need to be able to do is include this password into a command line switch or something similar so that it will not prompt for this password. This will allow the server to boot without intervention (in case it ever needed to) and I can take Oracle offline using orastop once a week to perform a full system backup and then put it back online using orastart after the backup. My backup software will execute the commands for me automatically, so now I just need to know what those commands need to be.

Thanks!

Cole Moody Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 15:58:50 CST