dbms_rls and 815E on NT

From: gigadud <zaybx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2000 15:35:37 -0600

Does anyone know if there is a way using the dbms_rls ( Row level Security ) on a insert how can i set the value of a column. This column is the one i am using for ny predicate( where statement )

example:

Function DEMO.MY_FUNCTION( p_schema IN Varchar2, p_object IN Varchar2 )
  RETURN Varchar2 IS

BEGIN     if ( user = 'SYS' ) then

        Return '';
    else

        Return ( 'DEPT_ID = 12' );
    end if ;

END; When running a insert against a policy that uses this function i would like to set the DEPT_ID = 12. The dept isn't being set in the client and we are trying to use this feature so we don't have to modify the client code. I would like to do this on the backend.

Any thoughts would be appreciatted.

-Don- Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 15:35:37 CST