Re: Ingres copytable

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:41:05 -0000

Have you thought of writing your own utility to implement copytable. You will need to look at Pl/SQL procedures, external procedures(Oracle 8), and a couple of the DBMS_ built in packages.I think you would need DBMS_PIPE, and DBMS_UTLFILE.(Im not sure if these are the exact names)   For an experienced oracle developer, I would think this could be achieved in a couple of days.