How to check Net8 set up file?

From: <ppakorn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:09:46 GMT

Dear everyone

I created types and table as below to test nested table feature of Oracle8.

create type Ingredient as object (

name     varchar2(10),
qty      number,
unit     varchar2(10),
note     varchar2(15));

/

create type IngredientTable as table of Ingredient;
/

create table recipetable (
rid varchar2(5),
rname varchar2(15),
ringred IngredientTable,
primary key (rid))
nested table ringred store as ringred_store;

Everything ran fine. I got an empty table named recipetable. But when I was trying to insert a row into this table I got this error.

SQL> insert into recipetable values (
  2 '00001',
  3 'Fish apple soup',
  4 IngredientTable(Ingredient('Catfish', 1, 'lbs', ''),

  5                  Ingredient('Green apple', 10, 'slice', 'about 1/8
thick')
  6                  Ingredient('Vinegar', 1, '1/8 cup', ''),
  7                  Ingredient('Carrot', 1, 'root', ''),
  8                  Ingredient('Garlic', 3, 'bulb', '')));
insert into recipetable values (
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Then I opened error message index, it told me to check the set up file of Net8, and confirm Net8 is installed correctly. How to check that?

Thank you in advance
Pak

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 14:09:46 CST