Re: SQL+

From: Anil Kumar <aneela1975_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:25:11 GMT

I am sorry I used the wrong word. You need to RELINK the executables. The simplest way I know is to start the install program ($ORACLE_HOME/orainst/orainst) and choose 'Perform Administrative tasks' option and then select 'relink product executables' option. Note that the instance should be shutdown for this operation.

Regards
Anil

In article <U20h4.102$PD5.670791_at_nnrp3.proxad.net>,   "Vigi98" <hubera_at_caramail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, but how do you do that ?
>
> (Sorry, I'm not a expert...)
>
> Anil Kumar a écrit dans le message <85vdhs$d84$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi,
> > Did you rebuild the sqlplus library files? I think this should
solve
> >your problem.
> >
> >Hope this helps.
> >Anil
> >
> >In article <Gzzg4.156$OV2.1327165_at_nnrp1.proxad.net>,
> > "Vigi98" <hubera_at_caramail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello everybody,
> >>
> >> I just installed Oracle8 for linux on my PC. I applied as indicated
> >the
> >> patchset and the linuxpatch. But I cannot manage to launch SQL+. I
> >just
> >> obtain a "Segment error (core dumped)". Fortunately, svrmgrl is
> >working.
> >>
> >> Do someone know what is it due to ?
> >>
> >> If not, here is my idea : I wonder if my problem is due to the
value
> >of my
> >> SHMMMAX or something like that, because the installation guide says
> >that it
> >> has to be set to a certain value. Unfortunately, I do not know how
> >this
> >> parameter is set. Do someone know that ?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your help.
> >>

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 11:25:11 CST