Re: OEM will not show multiple database from the same server?

From: Ron Schweiger <schweig_at_srcsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:52:38 -0800

Nope non of that worked. I found 3 tnsnames.ora on my system only one of them had current information.

1. \Oracle\Ora81\Network\Admin <- The most current one updates by NET8
2. \OracleEM\Net80\Admin <- Did not look like it was being used
3. \OracleEM\Net80\TNSAP <- Did not look like it was being used either.
Numbers 2 and 3 I renamed so that they guaranteed they would not be used.

I am using NT and have version 8.1.5 do you think I might need a patch?

Mike Carter <mike_at_delriotech.com> wrote in message news:pa6h4.32782$475.869950_at_news4.giganews.com...
> Ron,
> The OEM console will not automatically recognize new databases on the
> server. Try expanded the Nodes collection in the Navigator pane. Right
> click on your Node (server name) and click "Refresh Node". This will find
> all new instances on the server and display them in the Navigator pane.
If
> this doesn't work, edit the tnsnames.ora file in you
> <%OEM_Home%>/Net80/admin directory to add the missing instances to the
list
> of services for OEM to look for.
>
> Ron Schweiger <schweig_at_srcsoftware.com> wrote in message
> > I have OEM working on the server and on its repository database but I
can
> > not get other databases to appear in OEM what is going on? The other
> > database have had NET8 configured and I can connect to them using
SVRMGRL?