Re: tablespace, Oracle 8.x

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:39:58 -0800

If a database writer process can't access a datafile because of I/O errors, it will offline the datafiles after a certain number of retries. The errors from the retries will appear in the alert.log.

After this happens, users trying to read/write data from that datafile will receive "ORA-00372: file %s cannot be modified at this time" or "ORA-00376: file %s cannot be read at this time."

--
Jeremiah