Re: copy procedures from one database to another

From: Jesper <gollumNOSPAM_at_image.dk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:37:27 GMT

On 18 Jan 2000 18:28:41 GMT, aj739_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Margaret Burwell) wrote:

>Please forgive me if this seems like a basic and obvious question, it
>isn't to me.
>
>I have a development database in which there are procedures which are
>owned by the user devl. I want to move them to the production database
>where they will be owned by administrator. I don't want to export the
>entire devl schem because I will pick up tables and views I don't want in
>the production database.
>
>Is the an easy way to move only specified procedures?
>
>Marg

The easiest way is to run the scripts that create the procedures against your production database. You can also select the source of the procedures in question from the dictionary (if you don't have the scripts).

Another way (which is far more complex) is to replicate the procedures, but that way you will introduce a dependency which is not preferrable in a production environment :-)

/Jesper Received on Tue Jan 18 2000 - 12:37:27 CST