Re: Table defragmentation/resizing question: Is this dangerous ?

From: John <john.bryson_at_oit.gatech.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:33:15 GMT

Just an idea, but if you set maxextents to 99, instead of 120, then if you get the error, change the size of the next extent to be very large, then change maxextents to 101, and this should buy you time
until you can take the database offline and compress the table down to 1 or 2
extents with the procedure you mentioned below.

Just a thought,
JohnBryson