Re: Total rows in table

From: Henry Katz <hkatz_at_iscs-i.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:15:45 -0500

Gary Waldrom wrote:

Hmmm... the rownum concept is intriguing. It seems that I can use this to obtain random access
to my rows from a table:

eg.

select email from personal where rownum between 100 and 1000;

Since a cursor is sequential access is this the only way to obtain direct access to rows from a table?
What if one wishes to sort the rows based on a column and then select the ith through jth rows?

Cheers,
Henry Katz

ISCS, Inc
hkatz_at_iscs-i.com