Re: Advice on OCP Exams

From: Mark A. Framness <mframness_at_NOSPAM.lakefield.net>
Date: 18 Jan 2000 01:25:50 GMT

On Thu, 1 Jan 1970 02:59:59, design <design_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

+
> If you have no experience with Oracle, get some.
> I don't know why people think that studying a bunch of books to get
> "certified" on something they have no experience with is a good thing.
> To me, alls it shows is that you can study and take and pass a few
> tests. Big deal.

Unfortunately those of us working towards certification face the classical catch-22 here. Don't have Oracle CP credentials no job for you, Oh-oh now you want OCP but you don't have experience no way. See what I am saying? Granted I do agree with you that learning the stuff straight from the book and other materials is an empty sort of thing but short of springing for personal Oracle (and then a lot of people will complain that can not give the right kind of experience) what can one do?

From: Mark A. Framness
http://netnet.net/~farmer/
mframness_at_lakefield.net

Go Pack Go!
Oh balsam tree oh balsam tree I see you when I deer hunt! Brian Framness Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 19:25:50 CST