Re: newbie : how move a database from a machine to another ?

From: Terry Dykstra <tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:18:13 GMT

Search deja.news for several threads about this. If you're moving on the same platform, it is very easy.

Essentially you need to:
Shutdown db, copy all db files (control, data, password, initxxx.ora etc) to new location. Create a new instance using oradim73. Startup nomount, rename the database files, shutdown, startup. Backup once all is up and running.

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.