Designer 6 Question

From: Van A. Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:38:15 GMT

I'm just starting to learn Designer. Designer is running on a client machine. I set up a user (DEV60) and a repository in a database named ORCL on a server. I wanted to reverse engineer a twenty-table schema from a second database (INDI), also on a server. Connected to ORCL I tried to reverse engineer the tables in INDI but Designer balked at the connection to INDI. I was able to reverse engineer the tables from SQL scripts without any problem.

What is normally done? Is there a repository and repository user in each database? Or is there a repository and repository user(s) in a separate database which holds the Designer information for the separate databases. In the latter case, how does Oracle handle the simultaneous connections to the database being accessed and the repository database?

Thanks,

Van Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 14:38:15 CST