Table defragmentation/resizing question: Is this dangerous ?

From: Guy Dallaire <gdallair_at_criq.qc.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:28:02 GMT

Suddenly, I'm starting to doubt about a procedure used here:

Resolution:

Is this OK or should I arrange for ALL USERS to exit and prevent them to connect during this intervention ?

If the DBA permits the users to connect whil fixing the problem, while the table is dropped and while it is in the process of being reloaded, I wonder what happens if users are hitting the table (inserting or deleting in it).

Isn't the integrity of the data compromised ?

Thanks Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 14:28:02 CST