Oracle Replication using Oracle 8.0.4 and Oracle 8.0.5

From: <irfanbashir_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:54:31 GMT

Hi Oracle Masters

I need some help regarding Replication. (please

.................)

First Procedure which i followed.

i have installed Oracle 8.0.4.
Then for replication i have created the packages and tables using oracle provided script catrep.sql.

During its way to completion it ask me to give the values for a and b i dont know what they are.

After completing the catrep.sql.

There are few package bodies which remain invalid. they are

dbms_repcat_conf
dbms_repcat_utl
dbms_repcat_utl3
dbms_defergen_audit
dbms_defergen_resolution.

the errors which these packages have are pls_00201
identifier 'System.repcat$_audit_column' must be declared.

pls_00364

loop index varibale 'attr_row' use is invalid.
loop index varibale 'col_row' use is invalid.
loop index varibale 'audit_row' use is invalid.

Second Procedure which i followed.

I have installed oracle 8.0.5 Enterprise Edition.

Then for replication i have created the packages and tables using oracle provided script catrep.sql.

It create all the required procedures and packages successfuly.

Then when i tried to create master repobjest using pakage
dbms_repcat.create_master_repobject ('
').

it gives me an error that
ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Advance replication

Please Help me what should i do.

also how i can check whether my oracle is of Enterprise Edition or not.

Thanx in Advance.
Irfan Bashir

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 00:54:31 CST