Re: Downgrade Oracle 8.1.5

From: mark tomlinson <marktoml_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:25:40 -0500

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:16:20 +0100, "dimm" <m.cuba_at_tiscalinet.it> wrote:

>I have to do the downgrade from ORACLE 8.1.5 to ORACLE 8.0.5.
>
> Now I want keep my database. If I installation the previous version of
>oracle and overwriting
> that present, lost I will my Db? And then, I have to change my
>ORACLE_HOME?
> Which are the things much more important that I must be careful?

Safest thing to do is a full export and then import back into the 8.0 RDBMS. I imagine that the export file format is still compatible enough between 8.0 and 8.1 for this to work. I wouldn't try reusing the same data files unless you were prepared to do it the other way if it fails... Received on Sun Jan 16 2000 - 16:25:40 CST