Re: Dropping columns in Oracle 7.3.4

From: dave mausner <dmausner_at_ameritech.x.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:26:10 GMT

claire.moore_at_capgemini.co.uk (Claire Moore) wrote in <387C3F73.208_at_capgemini.co.uk>:

>The main problem is that the table that I need to change has a number
>of relationships with other tables & I need to know if I drop the
>constraints, re-create the table & then re-create the constraints that
>the integrity of the data won't be compromised.

if the data integrity was ok before, then you drop contraints and table, the re-create table less one column, the re-create constraints, your data integrity will be exactly the same. provided that the removed column had no role to play in the constraints.
--
dave mausner Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 14:26:10 CST