What is the current version of Oracle?

From: Jo Arne Lervik <jo.arne.lervik_at_systor.st>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:18:25 +0100

[Sorry, new to Oracle world...]

We have decided to use Oracle RDMBS with Oracle Spatial in our new GIS information system.

We have already got a CD with "Oracle 8.0.5 i", the CD is from 1998 I guess. Can this be used? Is the spatial product included on the CD?

Can anyone give me a short overview of how the Oracle RDBMS / Oracle Spatial "product" is by licensing nature, i.e. what "products" do we ask our distributor for?

If we should go for Oracle 8.1.6 i (as you mentioned as the newest version in your email) what are "main reasons" for the upgrade from our "Oracle 8.0.5 i"? You see, we have to explain to the "bean counters" why we should get the "Oracle 8.1.6 i" instead of our old "Oracle 8.0.5 i" :-)

Help..? :-)

Jo Arne Lervik
Systor Trondheim as, Osloveien 44 B, N-7018 Trondheim, Norway Phone: +47 8800 5818, Fax: +47 8800 5820 mailto:jo.arne.lervik@systor.st, http://www.systor.st/ Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 13:18:25 CST