suddenly ORA-21560 on oracle8i, NT???

From: Thomas Frankewitsch <franket_at_medsnt01.uni-muenster.de.nospam>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 17:20:22 +0100

Hello,

we have been working on an image database. There we have programmed a servlet (apache-jserv)
which uses an ORDVIR object to fetch the datastream and serve it to a browser. It has been running on one oracle-installation. Now we have reinstalled on a different and faster server (2 cpu) for further testing.

But then the trouble started:
  The describing data of the images can be retrieved (e.g compression, size and so on), this prooves we are on the right machine and database and table, and the ordvir has been pointed right.

Now we have got the following error, which seems to lay inside SYS of oracle and we can't fix it, because it works on the other database instance. therefore it is probably NO problem of java.

ORA-21560: argument 2 is null, invalid, or out of range
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOB", line 640
ORA-06512: at line 1

at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.SQLToIOException(DBError.java:774) at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobInputStream.needBytes(Compiled Code) at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBufferedStream.read(Compiled Code) at
MediaServer_II.getImageMedia(Compiled Code) at MediaServer_II.doGet(Compiled Code) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:499) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588) at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java) at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

thanks in advance

thomas

Annotations:
The servlets have been compiled with jdk1.1.6, the jserv-VM is jdk2.1. The database has been constructed with all options checked, and image posting works quite well - even it seems to be - but we can't proove if the real image has been stored or just its information. Both machines are running under WIN NT.

I have spent some days on it :-((((

franket_at_medsnt01.uni-muenster.de.nospam for reply - just remove nospam - :-) Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 10:20:22 CST