Re: 8/8i weird problems

From: John Woods <jwoods_at_usa.capgemini.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:32:49 -0600

RE: 8.0.5.1.1 on NT4 SP5 -

ORA-600 errors are sometimes caused by block corruption. You can use the dbverify utility ("dbv80" or something) on theSYSTEM datafile to check for block corruption. This is where the definition for views and procedures are stored.

600s have the following structure:

    ORA-600: Internal Error [534] []

The "534" part is called argument 1. If you search on Oracle's Meatlink site for "ora 600 534", you may find a match that explains the ORA-600. If not, Oracle Support is the only way to resolve it.

In addition, there is an 8.0.5.2.2 patch out for NT. There may actually be a bug fix for this problem. You can read the release notes to find out if any bug fixes match it.